Thursday, August 29, 2019

Wine Tasting #4: Ghost Pines

Name: Ghost Pines
Variety: Zinfandel
Region: 55% San Joaquin, 45% Sonoma, California
Country: USA
Year: 2016
Price: $19

Winery Review: "Rich and complex, this Zin opens with aromas of ripe raspberry jam, cracked pepper and toasty oak. On the palate, the wine offers intense, jammy flavors of black cherry, boysenberry, brown spice and cola framed by lush structure and a long, multi layered finish." - Winemakers Notes

My Review: This wine has an incredibly powerful aroma, smelt a lot stronger than it actually tasted. It was pretty dry, however the more I drank the smoother it got. I tried to suck in air while holding some wine in my mouth to get more of the flavor through scent and it really enhanced the raspberry flavors in the wine. Although I have not had many Zinfandels this was by far one of my favorite ones. I also thought the label was really cool looking, I kept commenting on how much I really liked it throughout the duration of the bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment