Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Wine Tasting #13: Insomnia

Name: Insomnia
Variety: Cabernet Sauvignon
Region: California
Country: USA
Year: 2016
Price: $12
Winery Review:" To the nose it is bright, ripe red berries, and sweet vanilla. This is a smooth, dry, fruit-forward, with a little tug from the tannins on the mid-palate to give a bit of structure. It tastes of black cherry, milk chocolate, a little black pepper, and plum. The tannins give a little tug, nothing major, just enough to let you know they are there, the finish is light but does stick around." -Domaine Dave
My Review: The aroma itself brings a ton for fruity flavors, I could smell hints of cherry as I was tasting. It was also very smooth and super bold and tannic. Originally I bought the bottle for the label alone, it was a cool "tilt label" with two different pictures. However, after trying it I will continue buying this brand and eventually work my way through most of their varietals!

No comments:

Post a Comment