Friday, October 4, 2019

Wine Tasting #14: Apothic Inferno

 Name: Apothic Inferno
Variety: Red Blend
Region: California
Country: USA
Year: 2016
Price: $15

Winery Review: "This wine with a whisky soul emerges from the flames of the time-honored craft of whiskey-making. A time-intensive barrel-aging process enhances the wine's rich flavors and aroma. On the palate, Apothic Inferno offers red and dark fruit flavors that combine with layers of maple and spice, giving way to a long, clean finish" - Winemakers Notes


My Review: This wine was amazing! I don't know if I was blinded by the fact that it was aged in whiskey barrels or if I actually tasted whiskey in my wine. It was very powerful and I think that had to do with the pay barrel aging. It also had a very fruity aroma, and was super fruit forward. This wine definitely made my short list of my favorites, and I would absolutely recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment